Cable water ingress is a very common power cable failure. How do you solve the problem?
Water in the cable is a very troublesome thing. So far, there is no particularly effective way to solve it. You can make a joint in the middle or replace the cable. Actually, we generally take the precautionary choice.
1. The hazard of water in the cable
Generally, after the cable enters the water, under the action of the electromagnetic field, the cable will age. The damage of the cable will happen, which will eventually lead to the cable breakdown.
2. The reasons for the water in the cable
1） When the cable is laid or stored, both ends heads of the cable are not sealed or the sealing is not good, and water vapor penetrates into the cable.
2）In the process of cable laying, the cable head is not well sealed and soaked in water, or when laying through the pipe, the outer insulation of the cable is broken and water seeps into the cable.
3）After the cable is laid, the cable heads at both ends are not handled in time, and they are exposed to the air or humid environment for a long time.
4）Local cable breakdown during the operation of cable power supply and water infiltrated the cable. Of course, there are many other reasons.
3. The solution of water in the cable
1) After the cable is laid, make the cable head in time and complete the wiring to eliminate dangers in the beginning.
2) If only the two ends of the cable are in the water, just cut off the ends and reconnect the cable ends.
3) If the cable has an obvious water inlet point, it is necessary to cut off the cable near the water inlet point and make an intermediate joint.
4) It is inevitable that there will be water in the outdoor cable wells or cable channels. Try to fix the cables with brackets as high as possible.
5) Use special hot nitrogen to pressurize and dry the cable inside.
6) Perform regular pressure leakage tests on cables to ensure a timely understanding of the operating status of the cables.
In general: before the cable enters the water, the best solution is to prevent it. Once the water enters, the cable needs to be replaced to a large extent, and it is almost scrapped!
JZD Cable factory is a manufacturer with 20 years of production experience, providing wires and cables to many countries and regions around the world.