Do you remember? On April 15, 2019, a fire tragedy occurred in the Notre Dame Cathedral that is a famous landmark and treasure of human civilization in Paris, France, with a history of more than 800 years. According to many French media reports, the cause of the fire was a short circuit on the top floor of Notre Dame Cathedral.
How should this situation be avoided?
The first step is to ensure regular channels when purchasing wires. You can compare several companies. It is best to get samples for testing (generally, the content of the test is the conductor resistance at 20°C, the insulation thickness, the thickness of the thinnest point of the insulation, the thickness of the sheath, The thickness of the thinnest point of the sheath, the insulation resistance, the insulation resistance at 70℃, the immersion voltage, the external dimensions, the stranding direction of the cable), while ensuring the quality, and then comparing the prices, the best manufacturer’s products have related Certification, of course, can also take products for testing;
In the second step, most of the fires are caused by the aging of the wire. Regular inspection and maintenance should be carried out. At the same time, try to choose the double-layer flame-retardant home improvement wire, which has good high temperature resistance, aging resistance and overload capacity.
The third step is to ensure the quality of wire installation. Professional electricians are required to follow the correct method and steps to install and ensure that the joints of the wire heads are firm.
After the wire is purchased and installed, you should pay attention to the use details
1. Do not connect the power privately to prevent fires caused by current overload caused by private power supply;
2. Do not use damaged plugs and sockets to prevent electricity and leakage;
3. Prevent the electrical appliances from being energized for a long time, and try to make the lights off when people go to eliminate hidden dangers;
4. The wiring is reasonable, the socket is placed in a reasonable and safe location, and try not to touch flammable products;
5. Pay attention to the reasonable load-carrying capacity of the wire, and not overload the operation of the wire and electrical appliances;
6. Equipped with corresponding fire extinguishing equipment and facilities, when the wire catches fire, put out the fire in time.
How to check for short circuits
① Turn off the main switch first, then turn off all electrical power supplies, and unplug the power strip.
②Use a multimeter to measure and check the situation between the live wire and the ground wire of each socket. If it is open, it means that the live wire and the protection wire are short-circuited.
③After confirming the above, you can try to turn on the main switch to check whether it has tripped. If it trips again, the main line is short-circuited. Check the upper and lower main line connectors and plugs.
④If opening the main switch will not trip, it is recommended to turn on the household appliances one by one and then check again. Check which electrical switch will trip when the main switch is turned on, which line is the problem.
⑤You can also check with an electric pen when the power is turned on. Normally, the live wire of the electric pen test will light up, but the zero wire will not light up. , If the electric pen test, the live wire and the neutral wire are both on, it means the neutral wire is broken; if the live wire and the neutral wire are not bright, the live wire is broken.