Do you know the difference between XLPE insulated power cable（Cross-linked polyethylene insulated power cable） and normal power cable? Compared with traditional power cables, what are the advantages of XLPE insulated power cables? In this article, let’s talk about XLPE insulated power cables. I hope everyone will read it carefully.
The difference between XLPE insulated cables and PVC power cables:
1. There are material differences between XLPE insulated power cables and PVC insulated power cables.
2. The temperature resistance is different: the temperature resistance of PVC cables is generally 70°C, and the temperature resistance of XLPE insulated cables can reach more than 100°C.
3. Scope of application: When PVC cables are burnt, they will release toxic fumes. PVC cables cannot be used when fire prevention has low toxicity requirements. Cross-linked polyethylene insulated cables are suitable for power distribution networks, industrial installations, or other fields that require large-capacity power consumption. They are used on power transmission and distribution lines with a rated voltage of 0.6 to 1kV. The main function is for power transmission and distribution.
Advantages of XLPE insulated power cable:
1. Cross-linked polyethylene insulated power cables have excellent thermomechanical properties, excellent electrical properties, and chemical corrosion resistance. At the same time, they have the advantages of simple structure, lightweight, and unlimited laying. They are currently widely used in cable laying with high-density Power stations, subways, tunnels, high-rise buildings, large industrial and mining enterprises, oil fields, coal mines, and other places.
2. Cross-linked polyethylene is a cross-linked polyethylene that converts a linear molecular structure into a three-dimensional network structure through chemical or physical means. To a large extent, it improves the thermomechanical properties of polyethylene and maintains excellent electrical properties.
3. The rated working temperature of cross-linked polyethylene insulated cable conductors can reach 90°C, which is higher than the rated working temperature of PVC insulated cables and polyethylene insulated cables, thereby further improving the cable's carrying capacity.
Well, the above is the difference between XLPE insulated power cables and ordinary power cables, as well as the introduction of the advantages of XLPE insulated power cables, I hope everyone can understand Cross-linked polyethylene insulated power cable.
JZD cable would also like to remind everyone: the cross-linked cables on the market, due to different production processes, their product properties are also uneven. Some manufacturers will compress the cost in terms of copper purity or other aspects, so they are buying wires. We must be cautious. In addition, JZD cable is a manufacturer with 20 years of production experience and has won a good reputation both in China and abroad.